How Dirty Educational Facilities Influence Students' LearningJune 17, 2019
One of the main factors that contribute to a student’s academic success is the condition of the educational facility they attend. While a clean school environment might not be the first thing parents think about when it comes to their children’s academic success, research shows that the cleanliness of educational facilities does affect the success of students’ academic performance.
One of the most important elements that affect the ability of students to learn is a clean environment. Starting from elementary school, all the way up to college campuses, a dirty educational facility negatively affects the ability of students to learn. Dirty educational facilities influence students’ learning in a negative way, here are some examples:
Poor lighting reduces productivity – dirty lights reduces the amount of light in classrooms. Studies have shown that ample amounts of natural lighting cannot only improve the behaviour and mood of students, but can also improve test scores. Consider the importance of ample lighting in classrooms, making sure that lighting in educational facilities are clean is very important for positively influencing students’ learning.
Increases student absenteeism – dirty educational facilities can become breeding grounds for germs, bacteria, and diseases that can make students sick, causing them to miss school, especially for children who have asthma or other existing medical conditions. Making sure that not only classrooms are cleaned and sanitised, but all areas of educational facilities will ensure that absenteeism is kept at a minimum.
Lowers student test scores – dirty ventilation can make it difficult to maintain the proper temperature in classrooms. When the temperature in classrooms is too hot or too cold, it can negatively affect the achievements of students, resulting in lower attention levels and lower student test scores. Making sure that ventilation screens and filters are cleaned and replaced will help to maintain the ideal temperature in classrooms, which will create an environment that will promote higher attention levels of students.
It is proven that dirty educational facilities can be detrimental to students’ learning experience in numerous ways – poor lighting that results in lower levels of productivity, creates a breeding ground for germs, bacteria, and diseases that cause increased cases of absenteeism, and poor air ventilation that makes it difficult to maintain the ideal temperatures in classrooms that becomes a major distraction for students.
Students are not the only ones negatively affected by dirty educational facilities; teachers also suffer from increased levels of stress caused by working in an unclean environment. The solution to the problems associated with dirty educational facilities is for school administrators to hire professional cleaning services to keep their schools as clean as possible.
Faye's Cleaning Pty Ltd
ABN 74 123 030 080
Suite 3, 17 Comalco Court, Thomastown, VIC 3074
T: (03) 9460 5592 | F: (03) 9460 5562
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Commercial Cleaning Tips for Offices this Summer
- The Importance of Professional Cleaning in Obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy
- Overcome Nasty Grease and Grime Build Up in Parking Lots: Consider Pressure Cleaning
- Garden Maintenance and Lawn Mowing Services: Important Work Coverage that Must Not Be Ignored
- Commercial Cleaning Services vs. Janitorial Services: What are the Differences?
- Consider a Professional Post-Construction Clean Up for Newly-Built Apartments
- Overlooking Proper Sanitation in Medical Facilities Can Lead to a Major Mishap
- The Importance of Providing Quality Cleaning Services with Minimal Environmental Impact
- Proper Sanitation and Cleaning in Food Processing Plants: Why Ignorance is Unacceptable?
- Cleaning Commercial Properties Should be Entrusted to Professionals
- Environmental System Management Standard: A Major Plus for Professional Cleaning Services
- Fast and Reliable Pressure Washing to Remove Greases and Grimes in Parking Lots
- How Dirty Educational Facilities Influence Students' Learning
- Professional Cleaning Services for Universities and Research Facilities
- Cleanliness and Sanitation in Resort Hotels: Important Factors that Attract Tourists and Guests
- After-Hour Office Cleaning Services: Why Should You Hire Trustworthy Professional Cleaners?
- Carpet Steam Cleaning: How Do Professional Cleaners Do it?
- Garden Maintenance for Autumn Season: Hire Faye's Cleaning Services for Optimum Satisfaction
- Regular Cleaning Helps Prevent Cross Contamination in Laboratories
- Maintaining Cleanliness in Workplaces Increases Productivity among Employees
- Avoid Health Risks Associated with Dirty Carpets: Hire Professional Carpet Cleaners
- Stripping and Sealing Wood Floors for Offices: An Office Cleaning Services Maintenance Task
- Summer Season Garden Services: Important Must-Do Tasks
- Advantages of Commercial Window Cleaning During Summer Season
- How to Plan for a Post-Holiday Clean Up In Your Warehouse Premises
- Commercial Cleaning Services in a Medical Environment: How It Becomes Advantageous to People
- View all articles
- Apartment Building Cleaning: Hire Professionals When You Need to Sell or Lease
- Safety Cleaning for Infants and Kids in Day Care Centres
- View all articles