Proper Sanitation and Cleaning in Food Processing Plants: Why Ignorance is Unacceptable?August 22, 2019
The importance of proper sanitation and cleaning in food processing plants can’t be stressed enough, as ignorance and the lack of following cleaning procedures and schedules is unacceptable. Food processing plant sanitation and cleaning is a must to prevent bacteria and microorganisms that cause diseases and food poisoning, and it only takes one day of missed scheduled cleaning to risk affecting the quality of food products and the potential of bacteria and microorganism exposure.
While it may seem a minor mishap to overlook proper sanitation and cleaning, it could ultimately result in a massive recall of food products to prevent consumers from becoming ill from tainted food. Other points on why proper sanitation and cleaning in food processing plants is so important and should not be neglected are mentioned below.
Ignorance of Proper Sanitation and Cleaning in Food Processing Plants Could Lead to Plant Shutdown
When government health codes are not adhered to because sanitation and cleaning procedures are not followed, local authorities can shut down food processing plants. If this happens – local authorities shut down your food processing plant – then you will have to establish and prove that your plant has a sanitised and healthy environment again before you can resume production.
After considering the risks of food products becoming exposed to bacteria and microorganisms that can cause food poisoning, and with the possibility of having your food production business shut down because of not meeting government established health codes, it becomes very clear why ignorance is unacceptable when it comes to maintaining proper sanitation and cleanliness in food processing plants.
Definition of Cleaning and Sanitising
Cleaning and sanitising are not the same, they are two separate processes. Thorough cleaning needs to take place before sanitising and disinfecting any surfaces and utensils that will make contact with food, this is to make sure all contamination is removed. Cleaning using water and detergents removes all visible dirt, dust, and grease, but will not kill all harmful microorganisms and bacteria.
Government health codes term sanitary surfaces and utensils as being in a state that does not contain microorganisms that could cause food to become contaminated. Sanitisers are used after cleaning to effectively destroy microorganisms and bacteria that could cause disease and food poisoning.
If you want to make sure that your food processing plant meets and exceeds all government cleaning and sanitising standards, then Faye’s Cleaning PTY Ltd can assess your specific needs, then work with you to set up a cleaning and sanitising schedule to maintain a healthy environment for your facility.
Faye's Cleaning Pty Ltd
ABN 74 123 030 080
Suite 3, 17 Comalco Court, Thomastown, VIC 3074
T: (03) 9460 5592 | F: (03) 9460 5562
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Commercial Cleaning Tips for Offices this Summer
- The Importance of Professional Cleaning in Obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy
- Overcome Nasty Grease and Grime Build Up in Parking Lots: Consider Pressure Cleaning
- Garden Maintenance and Lawn Mowing Services: Important Work Coverage that Must Not Be Ignored
- Commercial Cleaning Services vs. Janitorial Services: What are the Differences?
- Consider a Professional Post-Construction Clean Up for Newly-Built Apartments
- Overlooking Proper Sanitation in Medical Facilities Can Lead to a Major Mishap
- The Importance of Providing Quality Cleaning Services with Minimal Environmental Impact
- Proper Sanitation and Cleaning in Food Processing Plants: Why Ignorance is Unacceptable?
- Cleaning Commercial Properties Should be Entrusted to Professionals
- Environmental System Management Standard: A Major Plus for Professional Cleaning Services
- Fast and Reliable Pressure Washing to Remove Greases and Grimes in Parking Lots
- How Dirty Educational Facilities Influence Students' Learning
- Professional Cleaning Services for Universities and Research Facilities
- Cleanliness and Sanitation in Resort Hotels: Important Factors that Attract Tourists and Guests
- After-Hour Office Cleaning Services: Why Should You Hire Trustworthy Professional Cleaners?
- Carpet Steam Cleaning: How Do Professional Cleaners Do it?
- Garden Maintenance for Autumn Season: Hire Faye's Cleaning Services for Optimum Satisfaction
- Regular Cleaning Helps Prevent Cross Contamination in Laboratories
- Maintaining Cleanliness in Workplaces Increases Productivity among Employees
- Avoid Health Risks Associated with Dirty Carpets: Hire Professional Carpet Cleaners
- Stripping and Sealing Wood Floors for Offices: An Office Cleaning Services Maintenance Task
- Summer Season Garden Services: Important Must-Do Tasks
- Advantages of Commercial Window Cleaning During Summer Season
- How to Plan for a Post-Holiday Clean Up In Your Warehouse Premises
- Commercial Cleaning Services in a Medical Environment: How It Becomes Advantageous to People
- View all articles
- Apartment Building Cleaning: Hire Professionals When You Need to Sell or Lease
- Safety Cleaning for Infants and Kids in Day Care Centres
- View all articles