The Importance of Professional Cleaning in Obtaining a Certificate of OccupancyDecember 2, 2019
Property owners who have constructed a new building have to obtain numerous certifications and permits. These certifications and permits are crucial for the property owners since some of them will use their buildings for business purposes. From commercial and industrial fields, some property owners want to ensure that their new homes are ready for occupancy.
From new construction projects, other cases of construction involve retrofitting the structure and layout of the building. And despite the use of the existing building structure, certifications and permits are still required to give a property owner permission to officially use the building.
One of the most important certifications that a property owner must obtain is the Certificate of Occupancy.
Areas Covered by Certificate of Occupancy
Under the law, the certificate of occupancy proves that the building complies with the plans and specifications that are agreed upon with the local authorities. This certificate is complemented with a document that is filed before the construction begins. Certificate of occupancy makes sure that the building follows all ordinances, codes, and laws in the country.
Before getting the certificate of occupancy, a surveyor will visit the building to check if the building is safe to occupy. In general, the surveyor will check the status of the building’s roof drainage, handrails and balustrades, sanitary facilities, smoke detectors, security system, power and water supplies, among others.
The Role of Professional Cleaning
Since a surveyor will visit the building, it is mandatory that you hire the services of professional cleaning. This step is important because some construction firms tend to leave some debris and raw materials that can pose a danger to the occupants. Markings on walls and cabinets, drops of paint on the floor, or price stickers can be overlooked by you and the construction firms.
Professional cleaning services can do the following task to ensure the readiness of your building once the surveyor inspects the building for certification.
- Removal of unnecessary materials– The cleaning service can spot debris and raw materials that are still around the building premises. After evaluating all the unnecessary materials, they will remove and dispose of all of them to avoid future accidents.
- Cleaning and polishing of floor– Floor are one of the areas of a building that are vulnerable to markings and stains. With the help of professional cleaners, they can identify the type of flooring installed and clean them thoroughly. The identification of the flooring is crucial so that they can determine the appropriate cleaning technique for your floor.
- Cleaning of carpet– Just like the flooring, professional cleaners can also clean the carpet with the appropriate method. They can remove the stains and paint drops on the carpet completely.
- Cleaning of windows– Building windows are normally susceptible to dust, markings, and stains. Even after the construction phase, these windows can still accumulate dirt and dust overnight. Fortunately, professional cleaners can remove these things so that your windows don’t have any dirty spots and streaks.
- Sanitation of plumbing fixtures – Water supply is one of the most important pillars of utilities that must be present in a building. Our water supply is maximized through the use of our sinks, faucets, toilets, and bathtubs. To help produce clean uncontaminated water, professional cleaners can wash and sanitized your fixtures.
Before getting your certificate of occupancy, you must see to it that your building is ready for any inspection. To know more about professional cleaning services, contact us now at Faye’s Cleaning. We provide cleaning services that prioritize safety, quality, productivity, and cost of our clients.
Faye's Cleaning Pty Ltd
ABN 74 123 030 080
Suite 3, 17 Comalco Court, Thomastown, VIC 3074
T: (03) 9460 5592 | F: (03) 9460 5562
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Anticipate Changes in Your Office This Year: Hire Commercial Cleaning Services
- Control the Spread of Virus and Germs in Your Workplace: Hire Professional Cleaning Services
- Must-have Hygiene Consumables in Commercial Establishments
- Commercial Cleaning Tips for Offices this Summer
- The Importance of Professional Cleaning in Obtaining a Certificate of Occupancy
- View all articles
- How to Plan for a Post-Holiday Clean Up In Your Warehouse Premises
- Commercial Cleaning Services in a Medical Environment: How It Becomes Advantageous to People
- View all articles
- Apartment Building Cleaning: Hire Professionals When You Need to Sell or Lease
- Safety Cleaning for Infants and Kids in Day Care Centres
- View all articles